Transport Pharmaceuticals needed to re-design their product to a low cost, disposable transdermal drug delivery system to have higher output, yet use small coin cell batteries.
- Maximized battery performance using a highly efficient boost converter and power saving techniques
- Developed new control algorithms in assembler to manage the hardware
- Developed a modular approach for firmware implementation to streamline the changing product requirements during development
- Completed FDA 820.30 documentation for combination device
- Supported transfer to manufacturing, resolving a manufacturing hold with simple on-line testing saving hundreds of compromised w.i.p. (wrong parts used)
- Supported manufacturing test fixture development and final functional test
- New design resulted in three times more power than the original and the units stored engineering data for field trial analysis.
- Reduced cost of goods as proof of principle from over $8 to $3.