Transport Pharmaceuticals needed to re-design their product to a low cost, disposable transdermal drug delivery system to have higher output, yet use small coin cell batteries.
Sunrise Labs Solution
- Maximized battery performance using a highly efficient boost converter and power saving techniques
- Developed new control algorithms in assembler to manage the hardware
- Developed a modular approach for firmware implementation to streamline the changing product requirements during development
- Complete FDA 820.30 documentation for combination device
- Supported transfer to manufacturing, resolving a manufacturing hold with simple on-line testing saving hundreds of compromised w.i.p. (wrong parts used)
- Supports manufacturing test fixture development and final functional test
New design resulted in three times more power than the original and the units stored engineering data for field trial analysis. Reduced cost of goods as proof of principle from over $8 to $3.