Sunrise Labs integrated with TransMedics, Inc. software and user interface teams to design an electronic monitoring and control system to keep an organ alive during transport.
Check out our Cardiovascular Projects or Next Generation Total Artifical Heart Driver case study
- Developed main processor board handling data streams (Bluetooth, SPI, I2C) of organ vital signs, interfacing with flow meters and pressure sensors
- Developed analog board to monitor temperature and humidity sensors
- Designed intelligent power supply with triple redundancy, hot swap, and battery sequencing
- Designed low cost disposable organ interface PCB
- First transplants performed using a heart kept beating by the system
- The first revolutionary advance in organ preservation in 25 years