Sunrise Labs integrated with TransMedics, Inc. software and user interface teams to design an electronic monitoring and control system to keep an organ alive during transport.
- Developed main processor board handling data streams (Bluetooth, SPI, I2C) of organ vital signs, interfacing with flow meters and pressure sensors
- Developed analog board to monitor temperature and humidity sensors
- Designed intelligent power supply with triple redundancy, hot swap, and battery sequencing
- Designed low cost disposable organ interface PCB
- First transplants performed using a heart kept beating by the system
- The first revolutionary advance in organ preservation in 25 years