Our client needed to design a battery powered Piezoelectric atomizer that mixes medication with water and delivers it in a very fine spray to the eye. The current device was only efficient at resonance, which varied with medication load, temperature and other factors. Our team needed to resolve the challenges and offer reliable solutions.
Sunrise Labs Solution
- Developed architecture and selected drive technology that works
- The excitation adjusts continuously, tracking the changing resonance
- Designed and implemented electronics and software providing control and simple UI
- Overall control, user functions and usage are performed by a PIC microcontroller
- Circuit includes a battery boost converter for a piezoelectric drive and a software phase-locked-loop
A battery powered handheld device that efficiently delivers controlled dosages directly to the eye