Do you love tackling new technical challenges every day? Are you driven to understand the big picture; how all the pieces fit together to meet the goal? Do you appreciate working in a high integrity, high respect environment where you can be yourself and focus on the important stuff? At Sunrise Labs, we work every day on new and important medical devices that save and improve lives; and we have fun doing it!
We’re looking for Systems Engineers with a deep understanding of how to design medical systems that include electronics and software. In this critical role you will be the cross-disciplinary technical leader on your projects, responsible for the architecture, integration, and performance of connected medical devices and will report to the Director of Systems Engineering.
At Sunrise you will:
We’ll look for:
- Design novel and complex medical systems
- Guide cross-disciplinary technical teams to meet system level performance targets
- Determine the technical performance measures of the system and track progress toward meeting performance goals throughout the product development process
- Arbitrate technical trade-offs to support decisions for best outcomes
- Coordinate the SW, EE, ME, and QA Technical Leads
- Consult with the technical teams and guide them past technical roadblocks
- Identify and manage technical risks, including patient risks
- Author or significantly contribute to product requirements, systems requirements, system architecture, hazard analysis, system FMEA, and system/subsystem test plans
- Review subsystem requirements, subsystem architectures, system safety; partitioning and isolation, and system/ subsystem related designs
- Assist with project proposals by detailing a technical approach to the product design and providing inputs into the scope of work
- Perform Technology Readiness Reviews or Risk Assessments for medical products
- Establish best practices to ensure that Sunrise always delivers top quality system designs
Ideally you’ll have:
- Ability to think strategically and apply scientific knowledge while analyzing problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically across engineering disciplines
- Broad technical knowledge and solid understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Deep technical knowledge in at least one engineering discipline
- Experience with a wide variety of systems of varying complexity and scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ten (10) or more years of experience designing medical systems or designing systems for a similarly regulated industry
Technical Challenges abound at Sunrise; a direct result of doing things that have never been done before. Join us in our efforts to change the standard of care, to save and improve lives, and to have fun creating solutions to problems that make a difference in the world!
- Extensive experience with risk management for medical systems from class 1 to class 3
- A deep understanding of architecture design, tradeoffs, requirements, and FMEAs
We're in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and ocean are our playground, and Boston is just down the road. We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience.
We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.