At Sunrise we’re working on groundbreaking, life changing medical devices and we are in search of a Staff Accountant I who will report directly to the Accounting Manager. Our Accounting and Administrative group supports all of what goes on at Sunrise Labs and is integral to our success. You will hold an important role within the Accounting group as we improve on our ability to support engineering project managers and the management team with project budget and cost reporting and close the month in a timely and accurate manner.
At Sunrise you will:
Be responsible for budget reporting and analysis:
- Tracking project budgets and variances and providing budget reports to project managers and executive management
- Providing weekly spending and cost detail and analysis reports directly to project managers
- Running regular and ad-hoc reports out of our time-tracking software by querying the database
- Entering and editing time and material charge codes at the direction of project managers and the accounting manager
- Providing detailed reports and schedules for budget tracking, identifying inconsistencies, etc.
Support timely financial closings:
- Performing assigned month-end close accounting and reporting tasks, including mid-level journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations
- Entering a wide range of transactions into the company’s general ledger software throughout the month to keep account balances current
- Posting customer payments, preparing bank deposits, and reconciling Accounts Receivable
- Researching and resolving coding and other errors
- Completing special reporting and analysis projects for management
- Providing miscellaneous administrative support to the accounting department (filing documents, updating logs, etc)
- Performing other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager
We’ll look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, or a recent college graduate with relevant experience (i.e. an internship, co-op, etc.)
- Competency with databases and accounting software
- Aptitude to learn and work with various software programs, financial systems and databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, etc.), with especially strong Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to maintain a high sense of confidentiality
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
You’ll stand out with:
- Experience using Timeslips and/or Intuit QuickBooks
- Experience querying large databases (e.g. SQL)
- College coursework focused on relational databases
We’re in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and oceans are our playground, and Boston is just down the road.
We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience. We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: email@example.com
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.