Do you love tackling new technical challenges every day? Do you take pride in solving tough problems with creative electronics designs? Do you appreciate working in a high integrity, high respect environment where you can be yourself and focus on the important stuff? At Sunrise Labs we work every day on new and important medical devices that save and improve lives; and we have fun doing it!
We’re looking for experienced Electrical Engineers with broad electronics design capabilities and a deep understanding of medical electronics. In this critical role you will be a technical leader on your projects responsible for architecting electronics solutions and designing circuits for connected medical devices that make lives better. You will also have a substantial impact on the organization by helping to continually improve our processes and capabilities.
At Sunrise you will:
We’ll look for:
- Design a broad range of electronics, from micropower to precision metrology to complex electromechanical systems
- Design electronics for a broad range of devices, including home healthcare devices, clinical devices, and laboratory devices
- Work with multidisciplinary engineering teams to bring novel medical devices from concept to prototype and from prototype to production
- Design and optimize electronics to exceed performance requirements under all specified conditions
- Continually improve Sunrise’s capabilities by mentoring junior engineers, developing and disseminating improvements to the engineering processes, and sharing your expertise with your team
- Identify and help to manage technical risks, including patient risks
- Author or significantly contribute feedback to product requirements, systems requirements, system architecture, hazard analysis, system FMEA, and system/subsystem test plans
- Assist with the development of project proposals (approach, cost, schedule)
- Perform Technology Readiness Reviews or Risk Assessments for clients
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Ability to think strategically and deep understanding of first principles
- Broad range of electronic design experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically and mentor other EEs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ten (10) or more years of experience designing electronics for medical systems, or for a similarly regulated industry
- Knowledge and experience complying with IEC60601-1 and related standards
- Experience with risk management processes and tools, e.g. hazards analysis
- Experience designing safe and highly reliable systems
Technical Challenges abound at Sunrise; a direct result of doing things that have never been done before. Join us in our efforts to change the standard of care, save, and improve lives, and have fun creating solutions to problems that make a difference!
We're in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and ocean are our playground, and Boston is just down the road. We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience.
We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.