At Sunrise we take products from concept to market, with a portfolio spanning life sustaining pumps, surgical robots and guidance systems, in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostic devices, 3D imaging systems, insulin and infusion pumps, wearable monitors with connectivity to mobile apps and cloud databases/web interfaces, and more. Mechanical, Electrical, and Software engineers are all under one roof collaborating closely with human factors, and project management.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer who designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and completed products. You’ll define product requirements, build prototypes, and prepare documents for regulatory submissions.
At Sunrise you will:
Will consider contract to hire applicants.
“We encourage learning with rapid build and test cycles. As consultants, our Sunrise engineers see more and varied designs than they would with a product company.”
- Design mechanical systems for a broad range of sophisticated medical products with electrical integration
- Assist in planning, writing, executing verification and validation plans used in FDA submissions.
- Conduct mechanical design architecture studies
- Optimize concepts into functional prototypes in a team design-build-test environment
- Create 3D models in Solidworks
- Do the math: tolerance analysis, stress analysis, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and fatigue
- Design plastic injection molded housings, sheet metal parts, mechanisms, fluidics, disposables, instruments, etc., with new opportunities as the need arises
We’ll look for:
- 2-4 years experience designing medical or life science products.
- Relevant experience focused on handheld and bench top medical devices or life science equipment
- Kinematics, FEA (mech, thermal, fluid)
- Motors, pumps, chillers, bearings, precision slides, scara robots
- Optics and lasers, including integration of collimators, mirrors, laser windows
- Injection molding experience
- Solidworks 2017-2018
- Part Drawings (GD&T), assembly drawings, boms
We're in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and ocean are our playground, and Boston is just down the road. We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience. We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: email@example.com
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.