At Sunrise we take products from concept to market, with a portfolio spanning life sustaining pumps, surgical robots and guidance systems, in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostic devices, 3D imaging systems, wearable monitors with connectivity to mobile apps and cloud databases/web interfaces, and more. Mechanical, Electrical, Human Factors and Software engineers are all under one roof collaborating closely with clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
As an engineering services company, our Sunrise engineers see more and varied designs than they would with a product company, developing skills continuously.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer
who designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and completed products. You’ll work on multiple products over the course of a year that can span the entire spectrum of medical devices – from simple consumables to robotic surgery suites.
At Sunrise you will:
We’ll look for:
- Create 3D models in Solidworks, supervise junior engineers and drafters
- Design mechanical systems for a broad range of medical or biotech products with electrical integration
- Collaborate with clients to define product requirements and design mechanical architectures that meet them
- Optimize concepts to build functional prototypes in a team analysis-design-build-test environment
- Establish the mechanical product architecture and trade off analysis
- Do the math: tolerance analysis, stress analysis, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and fatigue
- Design plastic injection molded housings, sheet metal parts, mechanisms, fluidics, disposables, instruments, etc. with new opportunities as the need arises
- Create prototypes using in house 3d printers and laser cutters. Assist technicians in assembling and testing complex electro-mechanical systems
- Plan, write, and execute verification and validation plans used in FDA submissions, and prepare documents for regulatory submissions
- BSME, MS preferred
- 10+ years of experience designing medical devices, life science, or hi-tech products
- Track record of solving “the tough engineering challenges” with the right mix of analysis and design
- Strong relevant experience focused on handheld and bench top medical devices requiring precision movements
- Kinematics, mechanism design, bearings, precision slides, robotics experience a plus
- Motors, pumps, chillers and fluidics handling experience desired
- Injection molding experience
- Solidworks 2020 or higher, surfacing, master modeling and PDM experience desired
- Part Drawings (GD&T), assembly drawings, BOMs
- Solid interpersonal skills, you will interface directly with clients
We will consider contract to hire applicants.
“We encourage learning with rapid build and test cycles.”
We're in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and ocean are our playground, and Boston is just down the road. We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience. We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.