At Sunrise we take products from concept to market, with a portfolio spanning life sustaining pumps, surgical robots and guidance systems, in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostic devices, 3D imaging systems, insulin and infusion pumps, wearable monitors with connectivity to mobile apps and cloud databases/web interfaces, and more. Mechanical, Electrical, Human Factors and Software engineers are all under one roof collaborating closely with clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
As an engineering services company, our Sunrise engineers see more and varied designs than they would with a product company, developing skills continuously.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer who designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and completed products. You’ll work on multiple products over the course of a year that can span the entire spectrum of medical devices – from simple consumables to robotic surgery suites.
At Sunrise you will:
We’ll look for:
- Design mechanical systems for a broad range of medical products with electrical integration
- Collaborate with clients to define product requirements and design mechanical architectures that meet them
- Optimize concepts to build functional prototypes in a team analysis-design-build-test environment
- Create 3D models in Solidworks, supervise junior engineers and drafters
- Do the math: tolerance analysis, stress analysis, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and fatigue
- Design plastic injection molded housings, sheet metal parts, mechanisms, fluidics, disposables, instruments, etc. with new opportunities as the need arises.
- Create prototypes using in house 3d printers and laser cutters. Assist technicians in assembling your complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Plan, write, and execute verification and validation plans used in FDA submissions, and prepare documents for regulatory submissions.
- products with electrical integration
- BSME, MS preferred
- 8+ years of experience designing medical device, life science, or hi-tech products.
- Strong relevant experience focused on handheld and bench top medical devices requiring precision movements
- Kinematics, mechanism design
- Motors, pumps, chillers, bearings, precision slides, robots
- Optics and lasers, including integration and packaging
- Injection molding experience
- Solidworks 2017-2018, surfacing, master modeling and PDM experience
- Part Drawings (GD&T), assembly drawings, BOMs
- Solid interpersonal skills, you will interface directly with clients
Will consider contract to hire applicants.
“We encourage learning with rapid build and test cycles.”
We're in southern New Hampshire where the mountains, lakes, and ocean are our playground, and Boston is just down the road. We offer great benefits and competitive salaries based on experience. We encourage you to send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at: email@example.com
We do not accept resumes from staffing agencies or search firms unless a valid search agreement is in place with the agency for a specific position.